My brother directed me to an alarming and unique story. A kite flying festival, Basant, in Pakistan has been cancelled this year in fear of "kite dueling" – trying to knock a rival's kite from the air by slicing through his or her string which are usually laced with glass shards. This has caused seven deaths recently with people getting tangled in the death strings. Read the story from the Guardian Unlimited.
CNN had a lead story on Sunday about Global Warming and how it's here and in full force. Polar caps melting, less ice to reflect the sun's rays back into space, ocean water getting warmer, animal species becoming extinct, drought, severe weather events, and —- the Bush administration refuses to be a part of the 141 nations that have ratified the Kyoto treaty to reduce global emissions. Yikes! The hits just keep coming from this administration.
In keeping with the serious nature of this post, I thought I would list a few saucy sites for viewing:
- Hot Rod Condoms – no more fumbling around when your in the heat of the moment.
- Bust.com – for women looking to get something off of their chest.
- Saucy Monkey – an L.A. based band with an irish connection.
- The Association for Dressings and Sauces – good starting place for sauce making.
- Fire Hot Sauces and Gourmet – great site for hot sauce info.
- The "Saucy Jack" Postcard – a message claimed to be written by "Jack the Ripper".
Finally, on this day in history 53 years ago Dr. Jonas Salk announces on a national radio show that he has successfully tested a vaccine against poliomyelitis, the virus that causes the crippling disease of polio.